Reiki is a system of energy healing from Japan, and one translation of the Japanese word Reiki is “the spiritual power of God.” It uses the life-force energy, or “ki,” that is all around us. The Reiki practitioner brings this energy through their hands and makes it available to re-awaken the recipient’s own natural healing process.
Jikiden means “original” or “directly handed down.” Jikiden Reiki is the most complete and accurate handing down of Reiki techniques and attitudes, coming directly from the teachings of Mikao Usui, through his student Chujiro Hayashi, to his student Chiyoko Yamaguchi and her son, Tadeo Yamaguchi.
Reiki healing has many benefits, some of which are listed below. Reiki healing:
- Creates deep relaxation and aids the body to release stress and tension
- Accelerates the body’s self-healing abilities
- Promotes better sleep
- Reduces blood pressure
- Accelerates the healing of acute injuries and chronic problems
- Helps relieve pain
- Removes energy blockages, and adjusts the energy flow of the endocrine system, bringing the body into balance and harmony
- Assists the body in clearing toxins
- Helps the body to recover from drug therapy after surgery and chemotherapy
- Supports the immune system
- Increases vitality and postpones the aging process
- Raises the vibrational frequency of the body
- Helps spiritual growth and emotional clearing
Reiki healing can be received in person and can also be received at a distance.